Knauf UK & Ireland are a market-leading manufacturer of lightweight building materials for the construction industry. We are part of the Knauf Group, the world’s largest producer of gypsum-based products for the construction industry.
With two manufacturing plants in the UK, and a third coming online in 2023, we are well equipped to Build for the World We Live In.
We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Technician to join our Engineering team. The role will see the post holder based in our Immingham Plant.
You are expected to provide electrical expertise to maximise availability of the plant through effective preventative maintenance and a quick reactive response to breakdowns. You will support the manufacturing team through providing a good customer service that includes assisting with breakdowns, quality issues, technical improvements, the daily operations of the production plant and prioritising and planning works. While providing this support you will also be required to input the relevant data into our SAP system, providing a clear and accurate data of works carried out.
Main Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- To continually be aware of, and implement current H&S standards and environmental policy.
- Always put safety first, and if you are unsure of anything, you are required to seek advice and clarification before proceeding.
- Provide breakdown assistance as and when required.
- Monitor machine failures and make changes or recommendations to prevent reoccurrence.
- Develop and carry out preventative maintenance schedules.
- Prepare work for maintenance periods, including sourcing parts and equipment.
- Identify ways in which the process can be improved by additions and modifications.
- After appropriate training keep accurate records of work carried out on SAP.
- Attend and participate in the daily maintenance morning meeting when appropriate.
- Develop a good working relationship with colleagues.
- Participate and be proactive in projects and process improvements, taking a lead on identifying improvements and playing a key role in implementing any resultant changes.
- Be responsible for your own personal development.
- Operate clean-as-you-go standards in line with the 5S methodology, ‘A place for everything & everything in its place’ to ensure overall efficiency in the workplace.
- Comply with all company policies.
- You are required to follow company Health and Safety procedures to ensure the safety of yourself and others
- Contribute to Knauf’s sustainability strategy of People, Planet, Prosperity.
- Anything else commensurate to complete your role
- Completed electrical apprenticeship with proven problem evaluation and resolving skills.
- Proficiency in standard workshop machinery and equipment.
- Technical competence and ability to manage production improvements in a continuous process environment.
- Latest edition IEE wiring regulations, instrument tech skills, isolations, PLC skills (fault finding)
- Knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic controls.
- Knowledge of production, engineering or process controls including manufacturing techniques & standards.
- Knowledge of safe systems of work and procedures and an excellent regard for health and safety.
- Levelheaded under pressure.
- Good communication skills with peers, colleagues and contractors.
- You must be able to work autonomously but also be an active part of the team.
- Computer literate.
Employee Benefits Include;
- 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays + Birthday as paid leave (competitive annual leave allowance)
- Three paid days leave for community, charitable, or voluntary commitments.
- 7% employer pension contribution.
- Level 3 Westfield Cashplan Healthcare.
- Income Protection
- Access to Perkbox benefits platform.
- Access to Employee Assistance Program (legal or medical advice).
- Life Assurance (x 4 times your basic salary).
- A counsellor and life coach offered to all our employee’s free of charge.
- Cycle to Work Scheme and Tech Scheme.
We categorically do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies; any profiles that are sent to Knauf UK & Ireland without the agency being appointed prior will be treated as a gift from the agency. Knauf UK & Ireland will not be liable to any agency fees should we engage with any of the talent sent speculatively by a third party.
Knauf UK & Ireland outsource pre-employment checks; please be advised that should the business extend an offer of employment, you will need to engage and cooperate with a 3rd party in order to provide information pertaining to pre-employment checks which include, but is not limited to; Employment Reference Checks, a Social Media background check, a Basic Criminal Disclosure check, a Highest Education check, and a Professional Qualification/Membership check.
Knauf UK & Ireland is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all and welcome applications from all individuals regardless of; age, disability, race, gender reassignment and identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.