Knauf UK & Ireland are a market-leading manufacturer of lightweight building materials for the construction industry. We are part of the Knauf Group, the world’s largest producer of gypsum-based products for the construction industry.
With two manufacturing plants in the UK and a state of the art Showroom based in the heart of the A&D Community in Clerkenwell, London – we are well equipped to Build for the World We Live In.
We are currently recruiting for a Technical Support Officer to join our Technical team on an interim basis to cover maternity. The role will see the individual join the business on a fixed term contract until towards the end of 2022.
You are accountable for providing Best in Class Technical Customer Service and to understand the technical aspects of Knauf UK business the industry sectors and our various competitors whilst assisting and supporting internal and external customers in relation to the wide basket of systems we manufacture. As a member of the technical team, you will need to support and participate actively in the development of new products, systems and services. We truly care about our customers and giving them the best experience is an absolute priority.
Main Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- You are required to follow company Health and Safety procedures to ensure the safety of yourself and others
- Respond promptly and professionally to all product and system enquiries whilst understanding the why behind the questions in order to offer the full range of support available
- To provide technical support via phone, email, webchat and social media to internal and external customers in relation to lightweight drywall systems (including plasterboard, spray plaster, ceiling, flooring, façade systems amongst others) leveraging technology to support the customer in the most customer centric fashion
- To provide advice and technical input on different design and site items such as drawing/details, design parameters, specifications, general design, theoretical design so that the most suitable solution(s) may be found to these design areas and correct systems recommended for use
- Respond to requests from other departments (such as R&D, Sales, Marketing, etc.) and participate in projects which require technical information
- To research and keep up to date on relevant standards, regulations and industry trends/changes
- Maintain and update accurate records of our technical drawings, bulletins, substantiation reports, test data amongst other things via Virtual Technical Database
- Utilizing various software platforms for detail design/drafting, U-value calculations, condensation risk analysis, mechanical loading assessments, etc.
- To actively support Technical Trainees in their development
- Anything commensurate to complete your role
- HND/HNC, or equivalent, in related construction or engineering field or relevant industry experience
- Proven experience in a direct customer support role
- Working knowledge of Autodesk AutoCAD
- Understanding of physical products/systems characteristics [mechanical, thermal, practical, etc.]
- IT literate in Windows OS, MS Office package [Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.] and Internet
- Structured problem evaluation and problem solving skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team or own initiative
- Drive for continuous improvement in skills and knowledge
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Customer focused
- Level headed under pressure
- Construction and Engineering Passion
We categorically do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies; any profiles that are sent to Knauf UK & Ireland without the agency being appointed prior will be treated as a gift from the agency. Knauf UK & Ireland will not be liable to any agency fees should we engage with any of the talent sent speculatively by a third party.
Knauf UK & Ireland outsource pre-employment checks; please be advised that should the business extend an offer of employment, you will need to engage and cooperate with a 3rd party in order to provide information pertaining to pre-employment checks which include, but is not limited to; Employment Reference Checks, a Social Media background check, a Basic Criminal Disclosure check, a Highest Education check, and a Professional Qualification/Membership check.