Knauf UK & Ireland are a market-leading manufacturer of lightweight building materials for the construction industry. We are part of the Knauf Group, the world’s largest producer of gypsum-based products for the construction industry.
With two manufacturing plants in the UK and a state of the art Showroom based in the heart of the A&D Community in Clerkenwell, London – we are well equipped to Build for the World We Live In.
We are currently recruiting for a Production Manager to lead production operations at our Immingham plant.
You are accountable for all parts of the manufacturing process and ensuring they come together to deliver the correct quality of the final product. By liaising and understanding all aspects of manufacturing, you will lead; quality, outputs, and people agendas. You are the conduit between the different departments providing important data, feedback and communication. Overall, you are vital in maintaining a strong organisational reputation in the marketplace.
Main Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- You will be seen as the leader of the manufacturing process, working with colleagues across the wider organisation to deliver goals and achieve sustainable improvement
- You are required to assists in developing a clear vision of the organisational goals and ensuring that manufacturing achieves all of its goals; at all times operating in line with the Company’s Ambition and Leadership model.
- You are accountable for ensuring customer satisfaction is at the heart of the manufacturing activity and is a key element of every decision-making process.
- You are responsible for developing the most effective communication systems and techniques to maximise engagement at all levels
- You are required to use available IT data through defined systems to monitor, analyse and anticipate conditions affecting operational efficiency; To work with colleagues to take appropriate action when and where necessary to ensure optimal performance.
- You will be accountable for sufficient stocks to fulfil production plans, keeping working capital to a minimum and plan and implement working patterns around manufacturing requirements emanating from S&OP planning process. You will be required represent the site at tactical S&OP meetings.
- You are required to ensure appropriate, consistent and professional management practices throughout the manufacturing and warehousing areas in line with the Company’s values.
- You are required to actively use the PPD process in maximising your team’s ability to respond to business needs; developing your team and individuals to perform to their potential.
- You are accountable for training and development of our people to equip primarily Managers and, in turn, employees with the correct competences for current and future manufacturing needs.
- You are accountable for ensuring that overheads are managed effectively with such controls as are needed to keep within budgetary limits.
- Responsible for delivery of CI program and embedding the culture in all areas of the Immingham business.
- Responsible for site facilities and ensuring security, waste, mobile plant and building are kept to manufacturing good practice standards.
- Ensure manufacturing KPI are met.
- Anything else commensurate to complete your role
- Demonstrable experience of leading and managing large teams within a FMCG Operational/Manufacturing environment (essential)
- Degree in either Engineering or Operations.
- Demonstrates competence in conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent knowledge of project management
- Excellent time management, planning and organisation skills
- Excellent Microsoft & data analysis skills is essential
We categorically do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies; any profiles that are sent to Knauf UK & Ireland without the agency being appointed prior will be treated as a gift from the agency. Knauf UK & Ireland will not be liable to any agency fees should we engage with any of the talent sent speculatively by a third party.
Knauf UK & Ireland outsource pre-employment checks; please be advised that should the business extend an offer of employment, you will need to engage and cooperate with a 3rd party in order to provide information pertaining to pre-employment checks which include, but is not limited to; Employment Reference Checks, a Social Media background check, a Basic Criminal Disclosure check, a Highest Education check, and a Professional Qualification/Membership check.