Knauf UK & Ireland are a market-leading manufacturer of lightweight building materials for the construction industry. We are part of the Knauf Group, the world’s largest producer of gypsum-based products for the construction industry.
With two manufacturing plants in the UK and a state of the art Showroom based in the heart of the A&D Community in Clerkenwell, London – we are well equipped to Build for the World We Live In.
Owing to expansion, we are currently recruiting for a Design Engineer to join our Technical team.
We are looking for a talented façade Design Engineer to join our dynamic and friendly team in Sittingbourne. This role will see you working as part of a talented specialist team focusing on a portfolio of innovative projects in the UK and further afield.
Your understanding of façade system design, construction and performance will come into play as you assist in the delivery of design and consultancy services across a broad spectrum of Clients. To succeed in this role, you must have proven technical understanding of a range of façade systems/materials and be able to communicate your ideas clearly and effectively.
Main Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- You are required to follow company Health and Safety procedures to ensure the safety of yourself and others
- Deliver full Knauf Light Structural Framing System designs and drawings to our customers using Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD software in line with current Building Information Management guidance
- Provide structural design calculations and associated data to meet building designs and locations using Tekla Tedds and Breve software
- Maintain and update accurate records of drawings, calculations and other information issued to customers, ensuring compliance
- Be able to problem solve site designs to ensure recommended solutions and products are offered
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers in relation to Knauf SFS system
- Play an active role with current and future innovation projects requiring technical information working closely with Technical, Marketing, Sales and Industry
- Develop and maintain a high level of technical understanding of exterior systems
- Maintain product libraries and relevant standards documents
- Develop training materials and respond to requests for training in order to further knowledge
- To actively support Junior Design Engineers in their development
- Anything commensurate to complete your role
- Degree qualified in either Structural or Mechanical Engineering, Architecture or other transferrable manufacturing/engineering discipline
- Proven experience in a façade design/engineering role
- Advanced knowledge of Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD with experience using Tekla Tedds and Breve calculation software
- IT literate in Windows OS, MS Office package and Internet
- Structured problem evaluation and problem solving skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team or own initiative
- Able to read Architectural and Structural engineering drawings in both 2D and 3D
- Ability to carry out structural engineering queries using calculation and design with high level of attention to detail
- Able to Risk Manage projects/enquiries with support of relevant calculations
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Customer focused
- Level headed under pressure
- Drive for continuous improvement in skills and knowledge
We categorically do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies; any profiles that are sent to Knauf UK & Ireland without the agency being appointed prior will be treated as a gift from the agency. Knauf UK & Ireland will not be liable to any agency fees should we engage with any of the talent sent speculatively by a third party.
Knauf UK & Ireland outsource pre-employment checks; please be advised that should the business extend an offer of employment, you will need to engage and cooperate with a 3rd party in order to provide information pertaining to pre-employment checks which include, but is not limited to; Employment Reference Checks, a Social Media background check, a Basic Criminal Disclosure check, a Highest Education check, and a Professional Qualification/Membership check